Fortune Marketing is looking for a Summer Intern for Marketing + Communications support. We are looking for someone who is organized, creative, driven and ambitious. This role would be perfect for a college or university student to gain experience while working full-time over the Summer 2017.
This person is an energetic and flexible team player who possesses exceptional marketing and communications skills. Interpersonal skills and attention to detail are a MUST.
The Must Haves:
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Loves creativity and bringing forth new ideas, branding is huge part of what we do! Knowledge of media and PR initiatives. Excellent time management skills and able to work well under pressure. Must love dogs (seriously…we have an Chief Office Dog)!
Requirements/Assets for this position:
- Exceptional computer skills and ability to quickly learn new applications
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of best practices in social media marketing
- Knowledge of best practices in SEO/Google Analytics
- Experience with MailChimp or similar CRM
- Knowledge of Adwords is an asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop is an asset
- Knowledge of the Real Estate industry is an asset
- Must have valid driver’s license
This list of duties is not exhaustive; other duties may be assigned as business needs arise:
- Assisting with Content development and writing for websites and email marketing campaigns
- Assisting with creating/posting regular blog posts
- Writing and proofreading press releases
- Correspondence with clients and sales agents as required
- Maintaining CRM system and database
- Preparing business correspondence (using Microsoft Office Suite)
- Assist marketing department with day to day marketing
- Assist with the marketing strategy, theme and product positioning of Fortune Marketing and their Developments
- Assist in the development of media strategies and planning
- Coordinate project management details with outside suppliers (graphic designers, signage, printers, web designers, renderings etc.)
- Assist with updating and maintaining social medial channels
- Assist with updating all online advertising, social media advertising and online company listings
- Assist with updates to signage and all marketing materials
- Regularly updating collateral and maintaining supplies at sales centres
- Assist in the planning and execution of direct mail and electronic mail strategies
- Ensure accuracy and track approvals for print and online advertising submissions
- Assist in planning and executing events
Terms of Employment:
Temporary, Full-Time. Opportunity to move into a Part-Time position in the Fall. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, however there will be times when flexible days/hours are required. Downtown Kelowna office. No phone calls please.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.